Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Return of the Living Blog

After spending a year with no blog, during which I've been running from one thing to the next - not least completing my doctorate - I felt that I might have enough time on my hands to begin reviews again. A quick sample of what I've been up to in the meantime:

Books
Katherine Ashenburg - Clean: An Unsanitised History of Washing
Nick Cave - The Death of Bunny Munro
Wilkie Collins - The Haunted Hotel
Raewyn Connell - Southern Theory
Karen Connelly - The Lizard Cage
F. G. Cottam - The House of Lost Souls
John Dickie - Delizia: The Epic History of Italians and their Food
Gerald Durrell - The Picnic and Suchlike Pandemonium
Judith Flanders - The Victorian House
Thomas Hardy - Desperate Remedies
Michel Houellebecq - H. P. Lovecraft: Against the World, Against Life
Ryszard Kapuscinski - Another Day of Life
Ryszard Kapuscinski - The Shadow of the Sun
Nancy Mitford - Love In A Cold Climate
Thant Myint-U - The River of Lost Footsteps: A Personal History of Burma
Philip Reeve - Mothstorm
Kate Summerscale - The Suspicions of Mr Whicher
Ian Thomson - The Dead Yard - Tales of Modern Jamaica
Anthony Trollope - The Chronicles of Barsetshire
Peter Washington - Madame Blavatsky's Baboon
Bee Wilson - Swindled: The Dark History of Food Fraud

Film
Pedro Almodovar (various)
The Bad Seed
Beautiful Boxer
Capitalism: A Love Story
Cat People
Darkman
District 9
Drag Me To Hell
Drugstore Cowboy
Eating Raoul
Escape From New York
A Fistful of Dollars
He's Just Not That Into You
(oh the shame)
I Love You, Man
Jaws
Earth Girls Are Easy
Howard the Duck
Mala Noche
Man On Wire
Moon
My Name Is Bruce
Once Bitten
Paranormal Activity
Sunset Boulevard
Tears of the Black Tiger
There Will Be Blood
Van Diemen's Land
Watchmen
Weekend At Bernie's


Television
Green Wing
Hyperdrive
Mad Men
Oz
The Sarah Silverman Program
True Blood


As for music, I've got my best of 2009 coming up. Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment